Published on Sunday, 18 December 2011 00:00
Written by Ron Perillo -crowTrobot-
Page 8 of 25
In this review, Hi Tech Legion will evaluate the new ASUS P9X79 WS in conjunction with the Intel 3960X 32nm Six Core LGA 2011 SandyBridge processor.
- Evaluate motherboard and processor with World Bench (Real World Benchmark) to calculate times and productivity with common applications.
- Evaluate motherboard and processor with PCMark Vantage, which will encompass productivity, music, video and communications.
- Evaluate motherboard and processor with SiSoftware Sandra to determine latencies, bandwidth and processor multimedia.
- Evaluate motherboard and processor with AIDA to record both cache and memory, read, write, copy and latencies.
- Evaluate motherboard and processor with Cinebench R11 to determine the processor's rendering capabilities.
- Evaluate HD Gaming using the Hi Tech Legion suite of both synthetic and real world games testing single GPU configurations on the ASUS P9X79 WS.
The purpose of these benchmarks is to evaluate the X79 and SandyBridge platform as a whole. These benchmarks will provide statistical numbers to give an overall idea of what you can expect, if you choose to upgrade to this new platform. Factors to observe are the benefits of the technologies that are included with the new Intel X79 chipset and Core Series Processors, which include Turbo Boost and Smart Cache. In the end, it will always be the overall computing experience the end user receives when using the platform.