Intel Launches New Mobile SoCs, LTE Solution
Announces Collaborations with Ericsson*, Samsung*, Others as Part of Broad Effort Spanning Silicon, Devices, Security and Networking Solutions
- Introduces the Intel® Atom™ x3 processor series, formerly code-named "SoFIA," for low-cost smartphones, phablets and tablets with 20 customers committed to deliver designs.
- Introduces the Intel® Atom™ x5 and x7 processor series, formerly code-named "Cherry Trail," for mainstream and premium tablets and small-screen 2 in 1s.
- Introduces the five-mode Intel® XMM™ 7360 LTE Advanced solution, with support for up to Category 10 and download speeds up to 450 Mbps.
- Brightstar Corp*, Deutsche Telekom*, LG Electronics*, Prestigio* and Samsung* select Intel Security technologies to help protect personal devices.
- Announces efforts with Alcatel-Lucent*, Ericsson* and Huawei* to address demand for new services, improve network efficiencies and accelerate the move toward a software-defined infrastructure using Intel® architecture.
MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS, Barcelona, Spain, March 2, 2015 – Intel Corporation CEO Brian Krzanich today announced a series of mobile platformsincluding the company's new low-cost system-on-chip (SoC) for phones, phablets and tablets, a global LTE solution, innovative personal computing experiences, and a range of customers for mobile device and network infrastructure offerings. With technologies that span silicon, software and security, Krzanich said Intel was one of the few companies able to deliver solutions end-to-end, for devices, the network and the cloud.