Introducing the ICY DOCK MB154SP-B 4 in 3 SATA 6Gbps Hot-Swap HDD Backplane Module Cage
Introducing the MB154SP-B, a 4-in-3 SATA internal RAID backplane for 3.5" SATA hard drives. This is a lite version of the MB45X series by removing the monitoring features and reducing the overall cost, while keeping the same 3 year warranty and the core tray system for hot swapping and maintenance are kept for the best reliability in the market.
Slimmed Down Design
The MB154SP-B has been redesigned to be a lighter module, while maintaining the same level of quality, build, and service you'd expect from an Icy Dock product. While the design has gone through some changes, the space saving design is still established. The backplane module allows up to 3 x 3.5" SATA III hard drives, while only consuming two 5.25" bays. The module has also been redesigned for the type of power connector accepted. 15 pin SATA power is used to provide better accessibility for various host systems.
Along with being a lighter package, the cooling has been improved to provide better air flow to your hard drives. The MB154SP-B uses a full metal body that allows for the best heat dissipation possible in various types of applications. In addition, our enhanced direct air flow design allows the included cooling fan to raise its efficiency to cool down your hard drives, by closing and rerouting any side vents to route incoming air directly to the cooling fan, as well as sealing any vents around the fan for better cooling efficiency. In addition, the backplane logic PCB has larger vents in key areas to allow more air to flow into and exit the MB154SP-B, making it an ideal system to store and cool your hard drives.
The included 80mm cooling fan also can be easily replaced and maintained, as the unit it can be fully removed and replaced with aftermarket cooling fans of the same size. To expand the range of compatible fans, both 2 and 3 pin fan power ports are available and can be easily accessed.
No Hassle Maintenance
The MB154SP-B has kept the same interchangeable EZ-Tray used in MB45X, MB559 and MB561 series. This allows you to continue to use the same trays from these series, or our compatible external 3.5" models without any issues regarding switching to new designs. The EZ-Tray accepts most 3.5" SATA hard drives and is very easy to install / remove to the device in two steps - press the release button and pull / push the lever. This allows for easy replacement in case of RAID failure or transporting of data.
Interchangeable hard drive tray with:
* 4 in 3 RAID backplane module.
* Fits four 3.5" SATA I / II / III (SATA 6Gbps) hard drives in three 5.25" device bay & fully supports SATA Hot-Swap function.
* 80mm cooling fan with full metal body for excellent heat dissipation for the most intense applications.
* Compact and space saving to fit multiple drives.
* Interchangeable tray design with MB45X, MB559 & MB561 series.
* Enhanced Direct Air Flow Design - Shuts off vents while adding larger ventilation on the backplane PCB.
* Uses SATA 15 power ports for best compatibility with the newest power supplies.
* LED hard drive status notification.
* Removable EZ-Tray design for internal drive security, exchangeability, expandability and maintenance capabilities.
* Replaceable rear cooling fan for easy maintenance or aftermarket replacement with 2 and 3 pin power ports available.
* ICY DOCK 3 year warranty equivalent to hard drive manufacturer warranty to ensure maximum reliability and long life.