Published on Wednesday, 17 November 2010 11:44
Written by Paul E. Marini Jr.
Page 1 of 7
Hi Tech Legion is proud to announce its 2nd Annual Holiday Giveaway Spectacular for 2010.
Every Sunday starting November 21, 2010 and ending on December 19, 2010 HiTech Legion will be hosting weekly contests with different manufacturers who will be sponsoring prizes for the giveaway. A minimum of three prizes a week will be offered and you will have until the following Saturday to send in your entry to win one of the week's prizes. Each week's contest will run Sunday to Saturday and the winner will be announced every Saturday night at 10:00 PM EST. At 10:01 PM EST, a new banner will be launched in the forums which will provide the names of the manufacturers scheduled for the next week's round of giveaways.
Each weekly contest will have a code word for each prize which will be announced in the HiTech Legion Forums. These code words will be placed in a HiTech Legion Review of that specific manufacturer's product during the week they will be sponsoring a prize. Upon finding the code word, an email containing the name of the review the code word was found in will need to be sent to
for eligibility of that specific prize. Once the code words appear in the HiTech Legion 2nd Annual Holiday Giveaway Spectacular Thread in our forums, each specific leg of the contest will begin. You will have until the following Saturday night 9:30 PM EST to submit your entry.
What do I have to do to Enter?
- To be eligible you must be a registered member of Hi Tech Legion.
- (All emails without HTL username will be omitted)
- Send an e-mail to contest-at-hitechlegion.com with name and page of the review where you found the key word. Also include your forum ID, your shipping address and country so we know which drawings you are eligible for.
- One entry per household per week.
- Post in the contest thread to tell us you sent in your e-mail.
- Winners will not be notified by email, you will need to check our forums every Saturday night to see if you have won.
- Prizes not claimed within five days of announcement will be redrawn.
How can I gain additional Entries?
- Be an active member of our forums. You will gain an extra entry for every five contributing/productive posts. Spam posts will result in disqualification.
- Post this contest in another forum. Include a link to the contest page and the forum thread. Post a link to your forum post in contest thread (1 entry per link, 2 max for the entire length of the contest)
- Refer a friend to HTL. If they sign up for the forums, post in the contest thread, and list you as their referrer, you will get 3 extra entries (unlimited extra entries).
- Follow HTL on Twitter (http://twitter.com/HiTechLegion) and Re-tweet our contest tweets. For each 5 tweets you forward on to your friends, you will get an extra entry. We will be Tweeting up to twice a day over the entire length of the contest. MAKE SURE YOU TELL US YOUR TWITTER NAME SO WE KNOW WHO TO GIVE THE EXTRA ENTRIES (2 extra entries per week max).
Who is Eligible?
- Participants must be over the age of 13.
- Winners of Previous weeks Contest will not be eligible for one week after winning a prize.
- Portions of the contest will be open to forum members outside the US. This will be dependent on where the sponsor is willing to ship prizes. We will list where the sponsor is willing to ship prizes for each new week of the contest.
- Staff members and significant others are not eligible unless otherwise stated.
Grand Prize Rules
- All above rules apply plus these additional.
- To be eligible for one of the Grand Prizes a minimum of Five forum posts must be completed during the week of the Grand Prize Giveaway. (Other entries from above rules commence after the first five posts)
- After Initial five forum posts are complete, you will receive one entry for each of the past week's contests and one for your membership.
- All are eligible for the Grand Prizes including those who have won a prize in the previous weeks.
- To win the Grand prize you must answer the five questions asked and find all seven code words which are hidden in this weeks reviews for week five. Username , contact information, all answers to questions and where you found the code words must be included should be sent to
. This entry not only enters you into the Grand prize Drawing but the Weekly Contest as well. (*Only on email needs to be submitted with all the requirements*) (Please, check page 7 for any additional requirements)
Who's Sponsoring Prizes?
- Diamond Multimedia
- In Win
- Power Color
- Cooler Master
- Patriot Memory
Every Sunday, until the contest is over, this page will be updated.